Attending and presenting papers or presentations at discipline-based conferences: Not in proceedings
De Lange, N., Khau, M., Scheckle, E., Du Plessis, A. & Cherrington. A. (2016). Creating intersections for dialogic engagement and participation between a rural and university community in the context of education. Presentation at the SAERA Conference, hosted by the University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, 23-26 October 2016.
- Du Plessis, A. & Cain, G.C. (2015). An exploratory case study on the perceived causes of conflict among primary educators in three primary schools. SAERA 2015 Conference, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein Campus, 27 to 30 October 2015.
- Du Plessis, A. & Cain, G.C. (2015). An exploratory case study on primary school educator perceptions on conflict: Experiences and suggestions. SAERA 2015 Conference, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein Campus, 27 to 30 October 2015.
- Du Plessis, A. & Bean, P. (2014). Conceptualizing a rigorous (vigorous) & relevant PGCE for 21st century teaching. Symposium on Academic Depth & Rigour in Initial Teacher Education Programmes, 30-31 October, WITS, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Du Plessis, A. (2013). A heuristic for ICT implementation in schools and FET colleges. Presentation at 4th Annual ICT in Higher Education, Johannesburg, 18-19 March 2013.
- Du Plessis, A. (2012). Can we continue with ICT devices the way we are currently?- The road ahead & A New Internet Teaching Strategy. Presentation at Inspiring Teachers Conference, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 03 August 2012.
- Du Plessis, A. (2011). Internet learning through learners as designers of Extended Cyberhunts: A South African Developed Strategy. Presentation at the Africa Higher-Ed ICT Conference, Johannesburg, 30-31 March 2011.
- Du Plessis, A. (2010). Action Research might hold the key to improving teachers’ mathematics practices. Presentation at AMESA 2010 Mathematics Conference in Port Elizabeth.
- Also conference chairperson
- Also delivery presentation as part of keynote introduction: ICT usage trends – Setting the scene for the Africa Higher-Ed ICT Conference
- Du Plessis, A. (2009). The CRAR3FS2 framework for developing teachers’ ICT skills for e-Education. Presentation and paper at Walter Sisulu University E-Learning Conference on 3-4 November 2009.
- Du Plessis, A. (2003). Paper delivered at AMESA Mathematics Conference in Port Elizabeth: Project Based Learning and Game Design in Mathematics.