Attending and presenting papers or presentations at discipline-based conferences: In proceedings
My expertise lies in the fields of Primary School Mathematics and ICT in Education. Below are some of the written papers and the presentations I have made:
- Du Plessis, A. (2014). An ICT learning-to-design heuristic to promote science learning: using PowerPoint in an “unintended” mode. Keynote presented at IXth IOSTE SYMPOSIUM FOR CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE Science and Technology Education for the XXIst Century at the University of Hradec Králové in the Czech Republic, 15 to 17 September 2014.
- Du Plessis, A. (2013). Wikis and PowerPoints as cognitive development tools in Scientific Literacy. Keynote presented at the International Scientific Conference, “Information & communication technology in natural science education – 2013”, 23-27 October 2013, Siauliai, Lithuania.
- Du Plessis, A. & Webb, P. (2012). A proposed ICT implementation heuristic for schools in disadvantaged contexts: An African perspective from South Africa. Science & Technology Education for Development, Citizenship and Social Justice, IOSTE 15 Symposium, La Medina - Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia, October 28 to 03 November 3, 2012.
- Du Plessis, A. & Webb, P. (2012). A heuristic for higher level student cognitive thinking and questioning through collaborative student designed wiki-based Cyberhunts Seventh International Conference on Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, Muscat, Oman, November 4 to 7, 2012.
- Du Plessis, A. & Webb, P. (2009). Learners’ perceptions of the skills developed through creating a collaborative hypermedia product. Proceedings of the 17th Annual SAARMSTE Conference. Grahamstown, South Africa. 104 -120.