PLENARY KEYNOTE SPEAKER
I have been fortunate to be invited as a plenary speaker on several occasions within the last few years.
- Du Plessis, A. (2018). Student generated cellphilms as a tool to ‘learn with’with a view to promote students’ learning and assessment experiences in the ‘Education as Thinking’ module: Possibilities and Challenges. 2nd Symposium SOLT Programme 2018, Improving Learning and Teaching through Scholarship of Learning and Teaching, 27 to 28 November 2018, Walter Sisulu University.
- Du Plessis, A. (2014). Cyberhunts: Technology usage meeting levels of cognitive thinking and critical outcomes in all subjects, including science. Video keynote presented at the NATURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION IN COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOLS 2014 Conference, Panevėžys, 25–26 April, 2014.
- Du Plessis, A. (2013). Wikis and PowerPoints as cognitive development tools in Scientific Literacy. Keynote presented at the International Scientific Conference, “Information & communication technology in natural science education – 2013”, 23-27 October 2013, Siauliai, Lithuania.
- Du Plessis, A. (2013). A heuristic for ICT implementation in schools and FET colleges. Keynote presented at the 4th Annual ICT in Higher Education, Johannesburg, 18-19 March 2013.
- Du Plessis, A. (2011). Internet learning through learners as designers of Extended Cyberhunts: A South African Developed Strategy. Keynote presented at the Africa Higher-Ed ICT Conference, Johannesburg, 30-31 March 2011.